Connecting to VDI with client
1. Download the VMware Horizon Client
2. Install client using default settings.
3. Open VMware Horizon Client, Click New Server Click to view example
4. Enter either vlab.ece.iastate.edu (Windows) or vlinux.ece.iastate.edu (Linux) Click to view example
5. Double Click the newly entered server
6. Read and Accept any messages that may appear
7. Enter login credentials using email@example.com as username and your IASTATE password Click to view example
8. After logging in you will see a list of desktops you have access to
9. Double click to connect.
If you wish to change default resolution or the number of monitors used right click the desktop pool name and click settings. For All Monitors setting, the default, clicking the grey boxes to green enables the monitors to be used. Other Display drop down options can be used to adjust display behavior. Click to view example